Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Music

So after about six years of listening to nothing but slow, soft, usually melancholy music, I think I'm ready for a change. Maybe the past two or three years of not being overly interested in music have geared me up for a switch. I sometimes hear music via my friends, but it's hard to listen while other stuff is going on. I want something a little less soft, sometimes more fun, but still sometimes sad or melancholy. But here's the thing: I haven't really listened in so long, I don't even know where to start. Here are my criteria, and I'm begging for your suggestions:

1. It has to be sincere. Whatever it sounds like and whatever the lyrics are, I've gotta believe the singer.

That's it. A single criterion. So please, your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

4 comments:

thecrazydreamer said...

(deleted last comment to fix a typo)

i posted about this yesterday in my blog, but i think it is relevant to repeat myself that I think Pandora is wonderful.

I've only used it for a matter of about 3 hours, but in those 3 hours I discovered bands I had never heard of that I liked, songs by bands I liked that I had never heard, and songs I love by bands I love, too.

It's a really interesting program, and you can try it out on their site without signing up, just put in your favorite band, and see what it picks for you. If you don't like it, give it a thumbs down, and if you like it give it a thumbs up, and eventually you'll have a personalized playlist that fully incorporates all music past, present, and future. wee!

the only setback is that I can't download the music to my ipod (unless I wanted to buy the tracks)... but there are a few cell phones that you can stream the station through... so I'm thinking about upgrading my cell phone to one with an mp3 player.

As for sincerity... well, I'm of the opinion that nobody'll ever exceed roger waters' sincerity.

The Unapologetic said...

Yeah, I've been using Pandora for quite a while. The problem is, I'm looking for a change. I don't even have a song that makes me think, "If only I could find more songs that sound like that..." I mean, I think I like some pretty good music, and I've definitely found a few really good songs from Pandora, but now that I'm seeking something completely new, I have no foundation to start from.

Sweet Jane said...

Somebody's getting a mix tape!

The Unapologetic said...

Can't wait!!!